Date posted: 1/19/2011
Years at this apartment: 2009 - 2010
THANK GOD THEY ARE DRESTROYING THOSE APARMENTS IN 2011!My apartment was broken into not once but TWICE! Thank GOD i was smart enough to know that Hickory lake apartments was hood since I grew up In the area. All of my most valueable items were left in storage. I basically had a bed, kitchen table,old tv set, and couch. I did have clothing,shoes, and paper work, but they didn't take any of that. I have to leave my laptop at my parents house. I had a cheap dvd that they stole. That was about it. I had to live here because my new job pays me little to nothing, and my credit sucks. I had a vechile that was never broken into, so I guess I got lucky. I lived closer to the front, but that didn't matter. Let me the list the foolishness I saw on a daily basis.
1. the aprtment does have bugs/ I excepted that.
2. My apartment unit was actually okay, I got lucky when it came to the people that lived upstaires. They were a scared and quiet young couple from Africa who moved out after a year.
3. The place is dirty and the dumpsters are beyond disgusting! I have seen rats and other types of crap crawling in there
4. The ghetto grown men who just chill outside trying to talk to little girls and ghetto women.
5. The loud music, I could here some peoples music playing from across the next unit.
6. Fights in the middle of the day. Highschool kids were little monsters.
7. Former killings,robberies, and sexual assaults were normal.
8. Most food places wouldn't deliver to your apartment or certain units at night. Some wouldn't even come during the day.
9. THe front office was ghetto and filled with people that don't care about you after you signed the lease.
10. The police patroled, but that didn't stop the violence, it just moved to the back of the apartment complex.
11. Constant drug bust! constant smell of weed! constant drug dealers trying to talk to me.
12. peoples vechiles being broken into on a regular basis.
13. Pitts and stray dogs all over the place.
14. I heard of mold,blockages, and sewer leaks, but I never experienced any of this.
15. people were constantly breaking their lease to escape the hell that they lived in.
16. LOUD MARICAHI AND RAP MUSIC! especially friday through sunday!
17. too many abonded apartments! sometimes one person would be staying in a unit. Very dangerous.
18. Busting through peoples doors and stealing their items was actaully normal.
19. NOBODY GAVE A DAMN! note even Cobb Plice or the FRont Office.
20. The mantience men were a joke, they constantly flirted and asked me for my number numerous times.
21. There were times I actually didn't go home because I didn't feel safe going home late at night.
22. Drunks,a few meth heads, and crack heads buying drugs in the middle of the day infront of everyone.
LIVING IN HICKORY LAKE OF FIRE IS LIKE STAYING IN THE PROJECTS. THANK GOD THE STATE IS KNOCKING THEM DOWN FOR MOLD AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES. I MOVED OUT SUMMER OF 2010 AND NEVER LOOKED BACK! I live in a one bedroom for $525, and I have peace of mind.
Last updated: 1/19/2011
Up to: Hickory Lake
Disclaimer: No attempt has been made to verify or assure the accuracy of the claims made by the author of this opinion or responses. You must judge the truthfulness of any review and accept responsibility for your use of this information.