Date posted: 4/15/2012
Years at this apartment: 2009 - 2012
I've lived here for three years and am about to move out to get a smaller place in the Highlands. Some thoughts:
1) Parking is good, especially for downtown, as there's plenty of it and lots of lighting. They pay cops to patrol the parking lots and I see them quite a bit. May make others feel uneasy; makes me feel safe.
2) The location is awesome. Close to downtown, the Highlands, and NuLu. I've never felt unsafe.
3) Neighbors have always been friendly, though I admit that I'm not home all that much and don't see them that often.
4) Management has been responsive, helpful and nice. They did jack our rent up a decent amount on the renewals but we had a ridiculously good deal before so I couldn't really complain.
5) I never went to the pool as I didn't feel like it was my crowd but it does look nice. Overrun with kids, loud, etc.
6) The grounds are really well-kept. It almost feels like you're living in a park and having greenery around is really pleasant.
My only complaints is that the area is a bit ghetto. I'm a tall, in-shape guy and in my three years here I've never felt even remotely in danger. That might be a different story if I was a female.
Overall, no real complaints. If the location doesn't bother you I'd say go for it. I've definitely had much worse.
Up to: Phoenix Place Apartment Homes
Disclaimer: No attempt has been made to verify or assure the accuracy of the claims made by the author of this opinion or responses. You must judge the truthfulness of any review and accept responsibility for your use of this information.