Resident • 2012 - 2013
We moved in over a year ago and our experience here has been quite awful. Here are the pros and cons.
1. Below average rent for a 2 bedroom near downtown MV
2. Close to parks, restaurants, and shopping
3. Never been robbed (I've heard that some apartment complexes near Middlefield have issues with theft from cars etc.)
1. Paper thin walls
2. Poorly insulated
3. Old and cheap appliances
4. Spiders and bugs creep in all the time
5. Pieces of paint from the ceiling occasionally fall on you
6. Repairs take forever. It took over 2 months for a major bathroom to be addressed and some of the issues from 8 months ago still haven't been taken care of.
7. Terrible management. Both resident managers we've dealt with have been inexperienced and unreliable. They have demanded late fees before rent is late. Ashton recently disclosed tenants' email addresses to everyone and periodically demands rent to be paid well in advance of the first because they are going to be out of town on vacation.
8. Premises are dirty. Hardly taken care of. Withering plants everywhere.
So glad our lease is up. This place is awful. You can find a far superior place in Sunnyvale for the same price. And now that rent has been increased, you can probably find a superior home in MV for the same price range.
This place is absolutely not worth your time or money.