pwagner720 • Resident • 2007 - 2009 Recommended
I have lived in this complex for three years. Anything I need done the complex and maintenance are quick to respond. The maintenance men will run into burning buildings if need be. The problem with all the other complaints are they simply are not addressed properly to the office personel. Search Google for Darien Apartment Fire and read the article. By Staff reports Darien Suburban Life Posted Dec 04, 2009 @ 04:54 PM Darien, IL A hot toaster being placed to close to a box is being blamed for a Darien apartment fire that rendered six residential units uninhabitable Dec. 4. The fire occurred at about 11:30 a.m. at a three-story apartment building at 1534 Lakeview Drive. Firefighters believe the blaze was triggered by a hot toaster in the kitchen igniting a nearby box, which in turn spread to the kitchen cabinets. When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke was coming from a third floor unit, according to the Darien-Woodridge Fire Protection District. Darien police officers had began evacuating residents prior to firefighters arriving. One resident had to be rescued from the third floor, according to fire officials. The fire was upgraded to a mutual aid box alarm, which resulted in more fire agencies responding to the apartment building and empty Darien-Woodridge fire stations in the event of other calls. Firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze in 30 minutes, but crews remained on the scene for two hours making sure the fire had not spread. A maintenance worker who was evacuating residents and three other residents were treated for smoke inhalation but did not require a trip to the hospital, according to fire officials. One firefighter suffered an undisclosed minor injury, fire officials added. Fire and smoke damage rendered six apartment units unlivable. Firefighters labeled the damage extensive but did not have an estimated damage amount Dec. 4. Apartment management is providing other housing until their units are deemed habitable, according to fire officials. Residents forced to evacuate their homes were allowed to enter the apartment s clubhouse, some with their pets, due to the cold weather.
How was this review?
Thanks for voting!