Resident · 2011
So me and a friend lived there for a year in a 1 bedroom. We moved in and the day after we moved in, the electricity was turned off. Turns out the guy that lived there before us didnt pay his bill so now ComEd had turned our electricity off. The office was nice about it and moved us to a different apartment just downstairs. Every time you call the office, you get an answering service. Even if they are there and in the office, they switch the phones to an answering service. So actually getting through to the office, is a nightmare. The apartments suck. In our one bedroom, the bedroom window wasnt sealed properly and ice was forming ON THE INSIDE OF THE WINDOW. There was mold in the window sill because of this and the bedroom was very cold all the time. The bathroom ventilation is TERRIBLE. Within weeks of taking showers, mildew started appearing on the top of the walls and the ceiling. The patio/balconies were nice .... but your not allowed to have a grill on them because apparently zion fire code says you cant grill within 50 feet of your building or something like that. So if you want to use a grill you have to do it in the parking lot. Then when we were in the process of moving out and the maintenance guy came to inspect the apartment, I told him about the window and he wrote it down. Then when I told him about the bathroom ventilation, he just said ... Yea they all do that. When I got my security deposit back they had taken $50 to clean the carpet (THAT I ALREADY CLEANED), and $50 in Misc Cleaning Fees.