Resident • 2006 - 2007 Not Recommended
I will agree that the location of the apartments are awesome. The staff is polite and the apartments are beautiful...sort of. I have lived here for 3 1/2 months and have to move because of the mold problem. It has taken over my entire apartment. There is water running down my walls, and bubbles of water that slide down the walls between the layers of paint (imagine a big blister). I have mold on my mattress, growing on all of the bedroom walls and in my closet. Several items that were hanging in the closet are ruined from the mold. The paint is bubbling and the walls are actually morphing as they change shape from the water inside. The real problem isn't the mold; it's the roof and the water running down the inside of the walls. The external mold is only a symptom.<br><br>Both my roommate and myself wake up with sore throats and painful sinuses in the morning that disappears within a half hour of leaving the apartment. We try not to spend any time at the apartment. I am concerned that it is a serious health code violation. Please do not move here, especially if you have children. Look up studies that link mold to health problems. No matter how desperate you are, Marcy Village is not for you.
How was this review?
Thanks for voting!