Union Hotel Apartments
Former Resident · 2013 - 2014
When I moved in, the apartment was a mess. Chemicalss were everywhere and there weren't even covers on the power outlets. Throughout the year, I dealt with roaches, mice, a leak from the apartment above me flooding, plaster falling on my head in the shower, the elevator constantly breaking, a creepy neighbor, and an overall feeling of being unsafe. The windows didn't open which is a huge fire hazard in my opinion and the motion sensor on the elevator door didn't work, meaning someone could easily be crushed. For several months, the keypad for entry codes didn't work so anyone who wanted to get in could. People from the surrounding neighborhood also used to use residents' codes to get in and use the laundry facilities....tying up the machines and making it impossible to do laundry. Maintenance and management were nice and always responsive but had a tendency to laugh things off and simply patch or "quick fix" a problem rather than actually repairing or replacing anything. It's kinda sad really....This could be a great place with lots of historic character.