Resident • 2008 - 2009
I must say, I was a little surprised at these reviews and thought I'd add my own experience. I've lived here since the summer with my boyfriend. We have not regretted living here, but are planning on moving.
-You really cannot beat the location! It's close enough to Elmwood to enjoy all that has to offer, but not on Elmwood, so you don't have to deal with all of the traffic and noise.
-Unlike most people reviewing here, I have not had a problem with the office staff. They have always been courteous and helpful.
-The apartments are adorable, with a reasonable amount of storage space given the square footage.
- we have beautiful wood floors,and the noise of others hasn't really been a problem.
-Maintenance staff generally respond quickly to requests.
- really friendly mail carrier. seriously nice guy.
-the parking is as evil as everyone says. Every other apartment complex I looked at charged, at most, half of what they do here ($65/month). With Buffalo's lack of snow removal, parking on the street is less than pleasant, but livable.
- My major complaints have to do with maintenance:
1. Our place was clearly not painted in between tenets. Some walls were, most weren't.
2. The kitchen was absolutely disgusting when we moved in. I spent an entire day cleaning behind the fridge and stove because there was about a year's worth of rat feces stuck in an half inch layer of grease. The stove also did not work completely, but we filed a complaint and it was fixed the next day.
3. Our faucets for the tub and shower leak pretty continuously. In addition, the wall above the tub tiling was crumbling. Repairs were started within days, but this consisted of spackling over what is clearly disintegrating dry wall. It has yet to be sanded and repainted, and quite frankly, we've grown tired of trying to get it completed.
I don't know if its simply poor compensation of the maintenance crew, or ignorance on the part of the management, but I the issues that result in our wanting to move stem from maintenance. You could do worse and in the spring and summer the location is prime, but for the price, one would expect a bit more.