Resident • 2009 - 2013
I moved in to this apartment complex in the summer of 2009 when I started a job in Syracuse and had a good experience there! I would definitely recommend this complex.
- Office staff: I have nothing but good things to say about Danyelle and her staff. They have always been exceedingly helpful and responsive. My chief interactions with the office staff were when I needed something, and my requests were always handled well. They were always as accommodating as they could be. When I moved out, I had trouble with finding an apartment (long story), so I walked in to Harborside and was allowed to move in the same day! As the end of my term (I ended up moving across the country), I had some problems with the moving company being late and Danyelle extended my lease on a day to day basis with no problem with only about a week until the end of my lease (I admit, I got a little lucky that my unit wasn't rented out yet).
- Maintenance staff always completed work well and in a timely fashion (I put in about 4 minor maintenance requests and they were all taken care of by the time I came home from work the next day).
- Apartments are clean, well kept (hallways appeared to be cleaned about once a month, grass mowed, sideways/parking shoveled early in the morning).
- Neighbours are (for the most part) kind and quiet.
- Location was good - didn't have any issues with feeling unsafe, close to destiny, close (walking distance) to the Liverpool village.
- Cost was about right, rent increases were in line with inflation.
- Older buildings, nothing special from the insulation point of view. From my living room I could hear the main apartment door (but it wasn't terrible) but my bedroom was always peaceful. All my neighbours were quiet so it didn't bother me except for the last family that moved in above me (they had 2-3 small children so I heard running on the ceiling above me and the occasional crying) - maybe I was just spoiled by having immaculately silent neighbours my first three years at the complex.
Definitely look at multiple apartments in the complex. They are constantly renovating, so some apartments have newer doors/windows/appliances/cabinets than others.