This place isn't a terrible place to live or anything, but the sad location and the empty promises made by the management has just gotten to a lot of the renters.
1. There was a promise of public space that renters could reserve for private functions - that is just NOT true.
2. Many of the facilities are still NOT ready and very late (over 8 weeks), the sales office has said most of the facilities would be done in a couple of weeks so there is CLEARLY a communication problem
3. The gym is kind of a mess. The cardio machines have NO TVs or media and the management will not give a date for when they will be completed, but I don't think anyone would believe them since they have no credibility anymore with the tenants.
4. Outside trainers - when I signed my lease, the sales people told me I could use and outside trainer in the gym; however, that is not true. Outsider trainers are NOT allowed right now and will not be allowed in the near future. If they are ever allowed, the building makes you pay an additional $20 just to use the gym.
5. Lock out - if you lock yourself out of the apt. the building will charge you $50-75 depending on the time of day. However, if you would like the store an extra key (that you have to purchase for no less that $70) the doorman will NOT allow you to do that. Seems like a rude way to make fee money.
6. Noise - in the lease it states the building can perform noisy construction from 7am-3pm every day and they certainly do
7. Won't work with tenants - despite repeated complaints and frustrations the management company will not change any policies or work with tenants to keep people happy - they simply don't care about working towards some sort of compromise for the problems stated above and just refer to the lease. Makes you feel like a sucker for signing it - so READ CAREFULLY.
8. Kitchens are not for those who cook a lot. There is very little storage for pots and pans and no utensil drawer, but these are all things you can see when you view the apartment.
1. The shuttle - it works and runs on time every morning along 42nd street, which help mitigate the less than desirable location.
2. Washer/dryer in every unit that works
3. Very good maintenance team - they come very quick after you call and are always professional and know what they are doing.
4. Doorman - they are always helpful and seem to really care about the tenants.
For the price, you could do better and move to a better neighborhood. Being right next to the Lincoln Tunnel is definitely a negative (but something I knew going into it). The so-called amenities are forever up and coming so DON'T count them as something you factor into you rent price. This place does have potential as no of the issues mentioned are unfix-able.