Resident • 2014 - 2015
I can handle a poorly kept and dilapidated apartment if that's what I'm paying for. Pebble Brooke Apartment is by no means a place to reside out of choice. It's government-subsidized housing and epitomizes the scene of post-apocalyptic pandemonium and decay.
HOWEVER, I cannot get past the unprofessional, unethical and extortionist attitude of the property "management" staff. While pursuing higher education and careers, my husband and I are also raising two small children and the head property manager did not for one second hesitate to take advantage of our inexperience (as renters), financial state or level of desperation to keep a roof over our heads. I could write a book on the 1 year of lying, cheating, ignorance and neglect demonstrated by this property management staff. If we hadn't moved across the country and cared to see these peoples faces again they would be under major legal scrutiny. My heart goes out to anyone that is forced to live here for any time period.
- rot in piping of dishwasher caused apartment to smell like sewer for almost 1 month before fixed.
- broken outlets
- broken light switches
- broken door handles
- broken window screens
- leaking bathroom faucets
- stained toilets and showers
- paper thin walls
- roads in desperate need of paving
- shrubs are well kept
- gym had broken equipment the entire year we were there-- inoperable
- pool is nice, but continually under maintenance
- wanted ground floor apartment and was told we would get one if put down deposit one month in advance-- never got to see the apartment because it was always "not ready"
- move in day we were forced into second floor apartment
- neglected maintenance requests multiple times
- overcharged multiple times
- even though after move out we supplied a forwarding address, we never received notification of extra charges until a collections agency called us. Talk about courtesy.