Resident • 2007 - 2013
Full review from 7 year resident.
I have lived here 7 years, and in 4 different apartments (1bed, 2bed, different layouts). I can honestly say that every time I think of leaving here for something 'new' I think about what this place gives me and I can't leave.
Why I love it here:
1. Bug-free - never in 7 years have I had a bug problem. I may have seen 2 or 3 silverfish in the bathroom once.
2. Soundproof walls - this is a big one, but I never hear my neighbors. Its amazing. The one time I had neighbor problems it was because he chose to play a bass guitar with an amp late at night, and I could hear the deep humming through the bedroom wall we shared. Otherwise the only sound comes through the front door. Generally this means I get to hear the drama when drunk kids come home and run up and down the hall laughing or crying or fighting. This also means when walking down the hall you can hear most people's kitchen conversation. Otherwise its wonderfully quiet.
3. Utilities included - another huge one. As someone earlier mentioned, for 65$ a month on top of rent, you don't pay for anything except cable/internet. It's great. While we're talking money, rent only went up about 65$ last year, so that's not horrible. Most I've seen it go up in my time was about 85$.
4. Maintenance is always next day and done well. Even that one time I forgot to let the dishwasher cycle finish and complained about it being full of water, they calmly 'fixed' it for me. I also need to give a shout-out to the plumber who spent 3 hours fixing my shower whining noise. We even took a lunch break and resumed afterwards.
Now some things I wish existed:
1. Pets - the policy is 'no walking pets'.... so I have fish. Would love to at least bring a dog in to watch over, but alas. No pets.
2. Maybe more amenities. I don't use the gym (though it's getting an overhaul), and there's no pool, but there is a convenience store (expensive though it is, when you need milk, you get milk), and some other things.
As for the reports about the staff being rude - sure. I'll give you that sometimes - some time ago there was an awfully rude man, but he has since left. The management was completely turned over recently as well, and I occasionally have issues with the new folks when trying to pick up packages and having to prove I'm a resident (srsly guys, 7 years). I work around it by showing up at times where I know the nicer people are on shift. Not too hard.
All in all, I love it here. I recommend it for sure if you can afford it. If you're willing to use some work-arounds for the minor annoyances, you can be comfortable in a great location. Just my opinion of course.